Hardcore Processing - Realize Your Wild Software Ideas Affordably
HARDCORE PROCESSING, ABOUT C / C++
C / C++
Here's a little about C / C++.
About the language
C and C++ are very widely known and available programming languages,
so hopefully I don't have to write too much about it :)
However I'll give a few facts:
- Widely available with many well debugged compilers
- Supports virtually all known platforms and operating systems - to the
credit of the good old GNU C Compiler (gcc) which is now
called the GNU Compiler Collection.
- Widely used - problably mostly to the credit of gcc
and because of it's heavy use in UNIX.
- Both C and C++ have been standardized with ANSI standards -
which is a very good thing.
- Gives good support for accessing hardware directly on all
- Produces very efficient code with most compilers.
- It has a quite compact syntax.
- C and C++ are problably the most unsafe langauges available!
- The syntax can be hard to read correctly (for humans)
due to many subtle details.
- The two facts above means that it is very easy to create very subtle,
devastating and hard-to-find bugs.
- The syntax is difficult to read (parse) for compilers.
There are many more compilers available, but this one is problably
your best choice, since it's Open Source software.